What Is a Venture Capitalist (VC)?
A venture capitalist (VC) is a private equity investor that provides capital to companies exhibiting high growth potential in exchange for an equity stake. This could be funding startup ventures or supporting small to large companies that wish to expand but do not have access to equity markets. Venture capitalists are willing to risk investing in such companies because they can earn a massive return on their investments if these companies are a success.
In addition to investing and other seed funding options, venture capital is attractive for new companies with limited operating history that are too small to raise capital in the public markets and have not reached the point where they are able to secure a bank loan or complete a debt offering.
Why go the VC route?
Venture Capital is a way in which I can assist you with funding and also systematically create networks for you to deal with other companies, firms and industries, so that you can progress efficiently.
I can also assist in identifying and combining pieces of companies, like finance, technical expertise and other business models via my partnerships to ensure your success.
Does the VC model work?
Last year was the most successful year of fundraising by African tech startups, according to the Disrupt Africa African Tech Startups Funding Report.
Africa’s investment landscape for entrepreneurs is slowly changing as more less risk averse venture capital flows into the continent. Today sources for investment capital for African businesses are growing beyond family and government funding.
International investors are actively searching for African unicorns to invest in with venture capitalists discovering opportunities on the continent that offer double digit returns on their investment.
Over the past few years, investors have also moved away from wanting to invest just in technology and digital retail. There is more money being invested in biotechnology, health, agricultural, manufacturing, insurance and medical devices developed in Africa.
As the amount of money investors are channeling into Africa grows, now is the best time to consider approaching both local and international investors for your company.
How can I Help?
My goal is to assist entrepreneurs, start-ups and those wanting to expand their current business.
Considering the current state of our economy, we need more sustainable business’ in the economy to boost it and also to create jobs.
I will assist with:-
- securing a larger amount of money than you could from a commercial lender or government lender,
- turning your shares into more money in a shorter time frame,
- benefiting financially from my experience in the form of business advice and mentorship via my partner network,
- sharing some financial risk of expanding your business, and
- getting financial assistance from different kinds of investors, such as those specializing in early stage (startups) businesses or late stage (fully developed) companies.
How can you be considered for VC Funding?
- Complete the NDA that is on the webpage and submit to the email address … email@example.com
- A business plan needs to accompany the NDA
- After point 1 and 2 have been completed, the application will then be evaluated by our screening staff
- If there are any queries our screening staff will contact you for clarity
- Once the application passes the screening phase, it will then go to our panel to review and upon review, we would advise if the application was successful or not
- If successful, we will then contact you and setup a meeting